Very useful session linking curriculum delivery to thinking about the nature of pupils special progress - it discusses "Special Strategies for special pupils" reviewing guidance from the QCA and the National Numeracy Strategy andother sources. It includes:
- QCA Guidelines -- Discussing
- Curriculum modification
- Pupil progression
- The range of opportunities for pupils across key stages
- About P levels
- Supporting work towards level one of the National curriculum, including fundamental mathematical content for P1 to P3
- Looking at supportive materials and interpreting the strands of the Numeracy framework. - Making them relevant to fundamental learning.
In 2005 QCA released further guidance about Using P scales
- This training covers that guidance.
Les also provides a full training day for school staff about 'Using P scales' - contact us if you are interested.