Rose Welling -- Sunfield Professional Development Centre. Clent. Worcesterhire. DY9 9PB
I am delighted to send you the overview of evaluations received, I think they are probably one of the best sets of evaluations we have ever received.' (94% graded 1 -- 6% graded 2 -- on a 4 point scale)
Sandra Searchfield -- Numeracy Consultant Bath and North East Somerset. Education Services Keynsham BS31 1DN
'The day was a huge success with many positive comments and excellent evaluations.'
56% excellent, 42% very good, 2% good. They particularly enjoyed all the practical activities, ideas and resources exploring the foundations of maths skills.
** Some comments from evaluations: **
- "I felt that he really had his finger on the pulse - understanding the needs of our pupils and the guidelines that constrain us!"
- "He offered some excellent examples and put them into present day situations.
He also used the language of Commonsense."
- "A positive and affirming course."
- "Les is an excellent speaker who can engage everyone."
- "The most useful training day we've ever had!"
- "You have put the spark back - Wow!"
- "Very good day, excellent presentation."
- "Les's enthusiasm is infectious and the knowledge is invaluable."
- "Very useful coverage of P Levels and QCA guidelines".
- "It is so nice to have someone who understands our special children."
- "It's much more than maths its all learning and life."
- "I can tell he loves the kids!"
- "It really makes you think about what you are doing."
** And some from Teaching assistants: **
- "I felt Les really understood our children our jobs and us (TAs)- I want to marry him!"
- "It was the best INSET I have attended and I couldn't wait to return after coffee!"
- "I didn't realise Mathematics could be such fun!"
Les Staves has delivered training to schools, LEAs and independent providers in --
Leeds, Lincolnshire, Staffordshire, Stoke, Somerset. Shropshire, Sunderland, Gateshead,
Northumbria University, Northumberland, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Liverpool, Derbyshire, Derby,
Sheffield, Bradford, The Association of Mathematics Teachers, Madingley College Cambridge,
Barnet, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Luton, Telford, Newport, Worcestershire,
Solihull, Birmingham, Coventry, Hull, Newport, Brighton. Plymouth, Cornwall, Powys, Edinburgh, Kent,
Sussex, Oxfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Cheshire. Lancashire, London, Swansea, Devon,
East Sussex, Kent, London, Northhants, Bedfordshire, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Les Staves has written materials and acted as keynote speaker at National Numeracy Strategy and